IT DBA ORACLE – SOFTWARE ORIENTED
We are looking for an IT DBA Oracle – software oriented to join our client’s IT Application Production Support department.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL
In accordance with the quality and security procedures currently in place within our client’s IT department, the candidate is an adaptable and self-motivated person that will carry out the following duties:
- Elaborate and implement monitoring solution (Incidents, performances & KPIs) for the databases. With regard to these results, realize the fine tuning in order to improve the efficiency and the stability
- Define the pre-requisite for the technical upgrades; define the planning and all the task of the migration in collaboration with the technical leader and our production service
- Assist and discuss technical improvements/features to bring at the recurrent technical workshops with providers and our production service.
- Provide formation to development teams (Luxembourg and offshore sites) to ensure the continuity
- Bridge between system DBAs, developers and application providers
Maintain and work on the performance of our core systems, running on three tiers architecture (Oracle Application Server / Oracle Database 11g-12c).
- SQL Tuning
- Implementation of archiving & purge modules
- Realization of periodic reorganization
Manage, in collaboration with our production supplier, the realization of several technical migrations or implementations :
- Migration of our middleware database from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c
- Implementation of Golden Gate replication and BI Publisher
- Replacement of Oracle Report by Oracle BI Publisher
- Deployment of OEM, RMAN and other features
Act as database architect and ensure good practice of the databases usages.
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Define development rules and monitor objects updates
- Ensure awareness of development team via training and communication
- BI Publisher
- Good knowledge (development, basic administration, tuning) of the Oracle products: Database (***), Replication Tool, ETL (**), Application server (*), BI Publisher (*), Report Server (*)
- Skills in Unix AIX with use of shell scripts and Perl
- Similar experience in Oracle management
- Organisation and time management skills
- High technical awareness
- Excellent analysis and writing skills
- Autonomy and initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication (spoken and written) skills
- Accomplished team player
- Excellent written and oral French and English skills are essential, any other language is an advantage